The Training and Manufacturing Group is managed by an Executive Committee drawn from member companies and is administered by In-Comm Training Services.
Developing the partnership of our training resources gives members access to the information and skills required to give them that all-important competitive edge. Membership rates are kept to the minimum and represent real value for money. To find out how it can assist the development of your business, all it takes is a phone call: 01922 457686.
We are a group of like-minded businesses bound together by a common vision:
• To promote within our organisations the application of world class best practices to enable each member to achieve and sustain competitive advantage.
• The association is non-profit making and exists to stimulate and enhance the performance of our members.
• Members are drawn from businesses from different sectors in the region, from small, owner managed enterprises through to multi-national groups of companies.
• Monthly visit from Client Manager
• Discount on all In-Comm Training Centre Courses
• Seminars programme tailored to member interests
• Access to grants/funding availability
• Regular content and information through various channels
• Apprentice recruitment
• A dedicated helpline for employment issues, health & safety, networking and quality
Training & Manufacturing Group developed from 3 separate Associations; (West Midlands Group Training Association, Group Manufacturers Association & Birmingham Group Training Association). The Group Associations were founded in the 1960’s as charitable organisations to provide comprehensive training resources and health & safety advice to their members, with the support of In-Comm Training.
During 2012 / 2014 the local Group Training Associations merged so as to co-ordinate, integrate and focus services to provide a sustainable platform going forward and to develop common and cost effective partnerships for all our member companies. In 2015 Training & Manufacturing Group was formed to provide the skills and tailored business support for member companies.
On rationalisation, Training & Manufacturing Group retained its charity status and is managed by an executive committee, some of the committee being drawn from member companies. In addition we have joint Chairpersons to ensure overall universal beliefs are maintained, an independent Treasurer and a Secretary.
Staffing support continues to be provided and maintained by our proactive partner, In-Comm Training & Business Services Ltd.